Please join us, rain or shine, for a walk through some of the most creative, beautiful, and personal gardens Evanston has to offer. Most gardens are accessible, although steep inclines and steps do occur in some. Maps are provided.
FeaturingHere’s a preview of just a few of the gardens:
- A garden that illustrates how to make a native plant and animal habitat in one's own backyard (and in the front yard too!).
- A condominium courtyard garden where each owner takes a hand, bringing their own creative vision to the mix. Another perspective on community gardening features three two-flat buildings that have been joined by their owners into one backyard.
- An 1899 showstopper that has integrated fruit trees and raised vegetable beds with plenty of space for outdoor living, all within a block of Lake Michigan.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if there is inclement weather on the day of the garden walk?
- The garden walk takes place rain or shine. We don't schedule rain days.
- Are there children's prices?
- There are no special children's prices, but for children under 12, the garden walk is free! (No strollers are allowed in the featured gardens, however.)
- Are there accommodations for accessibility?
- Because our featured gardens are located on private property, there are no special accommodations for accessibility.
Proceeds Go to the EEA
All proceeds from the Garden Walk help provide scholarships for children to attend the Evanston Ecology Center's summer camps and support their Apiary.
Important Ticket Info
- TICKET DISCOUNTS. Get a $5 discount on each regular Garden Walk ticket purchased by joining the EEA prior to purchase.
- BRING "PAYMENT RECEIPT" FOR ADMISSION TO EVENT. A printout of the email you receive shortly after you purchase your online tickets [Subject: "EEA (Evanston Environmental Association) Payment receipt"] will serve as your ticket(s) to the Garden Walk on the day of the event.
- REFUNDS. No refunds.
| EEA Member (Prior to day of event)
| Nonmember (Prior to day of event)
| All tickets (Day of event)
| Group - 6 or more (Prior to day of event)
|| $20 each
ONLINE. Garden Walk tickets can be purchased online. Sales begin Wednesday, April 20.
Map of Gardens
If you have already purchased tickets, you probably received an email in the last couple of days that included the map of this year's event. If you purchase your ticket today or tomorrow, the registration confirmation you received included the map link.
Email: Click on the "Send Us An Email" button below.
- EEA - Evanston Garden Walk
- 2024 McCormick Blvd.
- Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: (847) 448-8256. Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5pm, year-round.