It Makes a Big Difference
In January of 2016, the Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) made a $43,000 donation to the City of Evanston, that when combined with dollars allocated by the City, allowed for the classroom at the Evanston Ecology Center to be renovated and enlarged. The new Elizabeth A. Patterson classroom was dedicated on March 19, 2016.
In 2015, the EEA provided the funds for:
- New habitats for the numerous animals that make their home at the Ecology Center
- New tables and chairs for the improved classroom
- Additional classroom displays that will make the classroom an even more engaging space for environmental learning for children and adults alike
- A new Ecology Center summer camp scholarship program that will help finance camp in 2016 and beyond for families needing financial assistance
In 2014, the EEA provided and allocate future funds for the following:
- A renovation of the 8' x 16' Tiny House that is located on-site at the Ecology Center
- A donation to a reserve fund for future capital projects at the Ecology Center
- Snowshoes and snowshoe poles for winter outings
- Canoe paddles
- Outdoor canoe equipment storage
- Personal flotation devices for canoe trips
- Animal Habitat Improvements
The funding of the items above is supported by EEA memberships, gifts, donations, and event attendance by supporters of the EEA. We thank all of you who have been so generous in recent years for your contributions that have made such a big difference to the EEA and consequently to the Evanston Ecology Center.
Join or Donate Today
If you'd like to join us as a member of the EEA, you can do so by clicking HERE. If you'd prefer to make a donation to support the EEA, you can do so by clicking HERE.